View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef70 View Post
This is question for the Kobo developers.

I know that it is possible to restore the factory settings by pressing the Home button while powering on the device. This is a very useful feature when hacking into the system.

I would like to know if that reset is performed by the booloader or by a linux process (nickel?). Simply speaking, can I brick my Touch if I messed up some of the linux startup files such as inittab or rcS?

S.
When the home key is pressed on power up, the second partition is loaded which performs a format of the first partition.

If you mess up the first partition then that should be fine.

Just don't mess up the second one.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote