View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #393
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I think that Lanza is in a similar situation, as he is apparently a brilliant biologist, but from the little I have read he doesn't seem to have a clear grasp of physics (not that I have any by the way).

The Nirmukta.com article seems very interesting but I'll have to wait until I'm home from work to read it.
Lanza gets it so wrong though, that I can't believe for a second that it's just that he doesn't have a grasp on physics.

Recently on NPR's program OnPoint, they had the author of the book Grain Brain, a neurologist I believe, who likened gluten to a terrorist. He seemed very polished, but everything he said about gluten was speculation (although delivered as fact), or misstated facts refuted by scientists. Everything he had to say seemed like it was precision engineered to play into people's health fears, while also supporting the anti-gluten diet fad that he helped create. Essentially, the guy was a snake oil salesman.

I get the sense that Lanza is making the same sort of sales pitch. It's always a bad idea to assume ill intent when incompetence will do, but Lanza just seems like he should be too informed (especially after years of skeptics pointing out the flaws in his arguments) to be honestly claiming biocentrism is a real thing.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote