View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #24
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Dictionary must be defined as such by Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Speaking of dictionary, am I supposed to be able to look up defintion of a word inside the dictionary popup? Seems like I can't. On the k3, the dictionary is basically just a book and I can look up definition and search it like one.
Amazon defines dictionaries for each of their units separately. For example, the Bible Encyclopedia is defined as a dictionary for the PW 2012 and PW 2013. It is NOT defined as a dictionary for the HDX 2012 and HDX 2013.

If it is not defined as a dictionary for that particular device, then it must be searched like any other book and there will be many hits for any particular word in contrast to finding just one definition if it was defined as a dictionary for that device.

In addition, the PW 2012 firmware allows one to select the Bible Encyclopedia as the default and then will use it COMBINED with the New Oxford American Dictionary for definitions. The PW 2013 only allows one Dictionary to be used at a time.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote