View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #35106
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just realized that today is Saturday... Tonight is the beginning of the Jewish "Festival of Lights!" So Shabbat Shalom and Happy Hannukah to those who will be lighting the first candle of the 8-day holiday. Remember, the candles are placed right to left, but lit left to right!

Although I haven't practiced Judaism in more than 40 years, I find it interesting to note that virtually all of the Jewish holidays (with only one or two real exceptions) are 'festivals' rather than heavy, solemn occasions. A pretty happy bunch!

Stitchawl
Thank you.

I don't practice the faith anymore either. Though I recognize the heritage and enjoy the festivities.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote