View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
So its not clear what should really change with Spellchecking.
Example:

Currently, when looking for leftover '-' from OCR. I use this regex:

Code:
([a-zA-Z])-([a-zA-Z])
Replace:

Code:
\1\2
Click Find, Find, Find, Find, Find, Replace, Find, Find, Replace, Replace...... (until the end of the book).

Or I use the Index Editor. I open the Index Editor and right click -> "Auto Fill". I search '-' in the Search box. This gives me a list of all the words with a hyphen in them. I go through the list trying to find those that stand out, but it is tough because correct hyphens are also mixed in with incorrect ones.

From there, since the Index Editor only shows you the words (no way to easily jump to that word), I type the word into the Find box, and go fix it.

Since Sigil already knows which words are spelled correctly, why would it not be possible to have a combination of this functionality? An Index Editor Auto Fill type list, minus all the correctly spelled words. Surely you can see the usefulness of this function.

The other things mentioned (easy way to mass Ignore/Add To Dictionary/Double Clicking to jump to word/Hiding Ignored Words) were just extra ideas I thought of to make such a misspelled word list much more useful/quicker to use.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote