View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
I got mine on release day last week.

Like it a lot, but I don't love it. My backlight is fine, its white when turned to full brightness, but more 'blue' when its at a lower setting. This seems normal to me and doesn't bother me. No problems with blotches, only at the bottom near the LEDs, but again I believe this is normal. Light works very well in dark settings, and certainly a welcome feature.

Text to me is sharper, and the difference compared to the Keyboard is quite a step up in my opinion.

Touch screen is excellent, very responsive and page turn is very quick and doesn't 'flash' like on the keyboard.

It feels a bit heavier than I was expecting but I soon got used to it. The solid build makes me a little more cautious about dropping it though!

Also bought the official case. It fits really well and doesn't add much weight. Problem is that it doesn't feel or smell much like leather. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake, but then Amazon wouldn't do that to us would they? ;-)
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote