View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Mini-tutorial & FAQ

Reserved for updated Tutorial and FAQ.

FAQ: If resulting .IMP is wrong version in viewer, just re-install eBook Publisher!
I see you have found the infamous bug that the 1150 .imp "thinks" its a 1200 .imp!!!

The solution to this is to re-install eBook Publisher software. Since you may also use BookDesigner or GEB LIbrarian (aka eBookwise Librarian), the various .dlls used get confused and need to be the eBook Publisher versions to use Mobi2IMP properly!
FAQ: GEB (eBookwise) Librarian fails to transfer/load the resulting .IMP!
The target output defaults to where the source input is. The resulting .IMPs are stored there. You can then manually copy the files (via Windows Explorer) over to your Bookshelf directory under the GEB Librarian home directory.

Word of caution, do not put the 1150 .imp in the same GEB Bookshelf as the 1200 .imp as GEB Librarian will get confused and the ebooks will not transfer properly. The reason seems to be that the ebooks were created at the same time and hence have the same Unique Edition ID (I think). Anyways, to be safe, just don't mix the resulting .IMPs in the same Bookshelf. Just segregate 1150 and 1200 .IMPs.
FAQ: I want to get Mobi2IMP, but don't want to use the Installer, for personal reasons!
The Mobi2IMP Dev Hub Download section will continue to host the current Mobi2IMP dos executable for each release version i.e. 'Mobi2IMP-9.4-dos.zip'. Also, the Dev Hub site has the latest Mobi2IMP noSamples and noInstaller version i.e. 'Mobi2IMP-9.4-noSamples-noInstaller.zip'. These versions are for more experienced users who know what the Installer does and thus can avoid using it.

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-11-2008 at 09:53 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote