Thread: MobileRead October 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm thinking of when we get through with the 2013 categories, proceeding straight to the 2014 categories before we take a break. Any objections?
No objection here.

What about having the book nominating/voting a month early so we can have more time to get ready for the read?

Quote:
Of course I agree about Science being the best category, but with one day to go, the Patricia Clark Memorial Library (MobileRead Library) category is in the lead by one vote. Seems like an unnecessary category to me, since so many of the best copies of the books we read already come from there. It's not unlike nominating The Kindle Store as a category. I hope something else wins.

On the other hand, Mythology could make my grandson take more of an interest in the club.
I'm not a fan of any of the top three categories. I agree about the MR Library. But the other two just are not all that interesting overall. That list of Science books reads like a a list of who can be duller then the other. Mythology is just not for me.

But if Science does win, I know what I'll nominate. I'll be nominating the biography of Albert Einstein.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote