View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #47
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I was reading another post (davers’ post re: no cover) and it occurred to me, owning an eReader won’t change my purchasing habits at all, nor will the new pricing structures.

If I really like an author and can’t wait for his newest release (and this is rare, only about 4 authors fit this bill) I will purchase it in hard cover, typically on the day it is released. Otherwise I am reading from the library and browsing the paperback table or half priced bookstore.

Basically, I feel I am paying for the content, not the format. That’s not really going to change. When one of my favorites releases a new book, I will buy the eBook as soon as it’s released. The rest of the time, I’ll browse the discounted eBooks and use the library.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to spend $9.99, but if I feel the content is worth $15, I’ll spend $15 otherwise I’ll wait until it is $4.

Last edited by Rich_D; 04-07-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typo
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote