Thread: Zinio Reader
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 03:45 PM   #26
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I see it has been years since anyone addressed Zinio. I just found out that my library offers magazines in this format, so I am looking into it. I installed the current reader, which is an Adobe AIR application in a Windows virtualbox. I signed on and downloaded an issue of the magazine to check it out.

I can of course read it in my virtualbox reader, but I would prefer to be able to read it on my kindle 3 keyboard. Doing a bit of file searching shows that each issue of the magazine is stored as a series of .swf and .jpg files named pageX.swf and pageXY.jpg along with an init.xml and a view.xml in a sub-directory. Is there a way to convert this into a MOBI/AZW3 file to read as I prefer?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote