View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 01:52 AM   #1078
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I find myself using search even with koreader -- 28 pages of library listing is a bit of a pain to page through since there doesn't seem to be a way to jump forward other than single page or jump to end.
You should try it with 187 pages.

I use search as well, but there are a couple of other tricks that help me keep my library under control. The most obvious is genre-based collections, but I also use two priority-based shelves ("now" and "soon") that I carry over into Goodreads. When I load a book onto the reader, I put it into all the collections it fits - basically, I ask "what kind of book is this" and "how soon do I want to read this" and shelve it accordingly.

So, for instance, say I load an urban fantasy trilogy that I want to start reading ASAP. All three books will get filed as "urban fantasy," and the first will also go onto my "now" list. Once I finish that one, I'll remove it from the reader and add book two to the appropriate priority list, depending on how I felt about the first one.

Everyone's different, of course - but that approach works for me. I currently have 15-20 "now" books and quite a lot of "soon" books, with the other books (pretty much "anything I've either read or can't just pick up and read immediately") not being on either list.

Oh, and you can also tap the "page X of Y" to jump to a given page in whatever list you're on.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote