View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #22642
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Good morning, all! We're up and out early today to try and beat the shopping crowds. I'm chugging down Amad's "English Breakfast" tea , and a slice of toast as I type. I'm pressing the keys really hard and fast as my morning exercise... 82.2kg this morning, but with only 7 days to go, I'm really going to have to spend all day every day exercising to reach my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
This is not a correct assumption. The most up to date number I could find on it is about 1% of Japan is Christian....that was as of 2010.
We need to keep in mind one very important factor in the way the Japanese view religion. Most all of them 'use' several different religions depending upon age and need. The common saying is ' Japanese are born Shinto, get married Christian, and buried Buddhist.' The Christian Japanese will all be at Shinto shrines on New Years Day, making offerings and prayers for the New Year. But that won't stop them from going to Church on Sunday for worship services there. Christian marriage 'ceremonies' and traditions are much more festive than Buddhist, especially since there is no honeymoon with a Buddhist wedding, so all the young people opt for that. But always it's a Buddhist funeral...

And yes, most all of S.E. Asia celebrates the seasonal secular holiday of Christmas, with no religious overtones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yes .... I was weak .... I did it ... after reading earlier entries here [the guilty party shall remain unnamed] ... I went out ... and purchased a bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin .... my credit card screamed in pain ... it was worth it ....
Boy... I'm sorry to hear your having such difficult times. 16 years old? You couldn't afford a new one?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote