View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #99
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
After play a while with root rights I realized that the normal ebook reader app let me not longer change any font (neither in epub nor pdf). It shows the normal list but if I select an other font it still uses the default font that is defined for the book. I not realize this problem earlier since I had some epub included fonts(they are inside epub) that I like and had not much reason to change it.

I check a few points but not find the cause of the problem.
1. reboot -> font change not possible in reader
2. restore again "restore-set" -> font change not possible in reader (strange I thought this is factory default ?)
3. restore again "minimal-set-1" -> font change not possible in reader
4. /mnt/sdcard/script.log shows no errors
5. I see /ebook/fonts is still mounted and rights looking good (like other folders)
6. there is an symbolic links from /ebook/fonts to /system/fonts but also see no problem with rights there
7. "logcat" shows a few java errors after I change fonts, but not sure if this is related to problem or normal for java

I sure the font change was working before I start using this android packages here.

I will attach the complete output of logcat here. Maybe it will talk to someone (see logcat.txt).

Here are just follow the java errors I talked about:
Code:
E/ReadingView( 2349): view property, viewType : core.Errors.Exception:12 Document contains no original metadata. View port is updated.
E/ReadingView( 2349): com.sony.drbd.reading.Errors.check(Errors.java:29)
E/ReadingView( 2349): com.sony.drbd.ebook.reader.views.ReadingView$SurfaceThreadHandler.updateContentOrientation(ReadingView.java:3178)
E/ReadingView( 2349): com.sony.drbd.ebook.reader.views.ReadingView$SurfaceThreadHandler.initDocumentCoreImpl(ReadingView.java:3124)
E/ReadingView( 2349): view property, drawingDirection : core.Errors.Exception:12 Document contains no original metadata. View port is updated.
E/ReadingView( 2349): com.sony.drbd.reading.Errors.check(Errors.java:29)
E/ReadingView( 2349): com.sony.drbd.ebook.reader.views.ReadingView$SurfaceThreadHandler.updateContentOrientation(ReadingView.java:3193)
E/ReadingView( 2349): com.sony.drbd.ebook.reader.views.ReadingView$SurfaceThreadHandler.initDocumentCoreImpl(ReadingView.java:3124)
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt (59.8 KB, 600 views)
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote