View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #91
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Hello to all here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Typing su in terminal gets segmentation fault.
I have the same problem on my device.

I installed with an Windows XP running in an VirtualBox the "minimal-set-1".
Android Launcher is working fine, but Superuser.apk is not working and also when I open the terminal and type in "su" I get an segmentation fault. Also "sudo" is not working since I have no rights to run this command.

I also also try the "minimal-root" without success with "su". What is the difference to "minimal-set-1"?

I think it is possible that Sony ship this devices with different kernel software and that is why your "su" is not working. I bought my device in germany were shipping just start last week, but in USA the shipping start an month ago. So it sounds plausible to me that they have different software installed.

Is there an "cat /proc/whatever" way we can compare this?

I reed there is an other way to become root with "adb". How is this working?
I download android-sdk-macosx and also install the platform-tool for android 2.2 (I see on the device is an 2.2.1). But when I try to connect to my device with "adb" it is never found. Did I have to bring the device in a special mode with an special key combination or by installing special software before?

My goal is to install some own fonts like "Jenson Classico" inside /ebook/fonts but this folder is read only and without root rights I can not remount it for write access. And also would like to install/start an sshd or telnetd.

Last edited by Stino; 10-30-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote