View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
I'll second the sentiments of the OP. I love my Galaxy Tab as well. It's a great size - comfortable to hold in the hand and fits in a largish pocket nicely.

The screen is very good quality - ok it's not eInk but that doesn't bother me. I like the fact that i can load up a number of different reader's and reads just about any format going - although my favourite book reader app is Mantano.

The other benefit of the Tab over eInk dedicated readers is it gives me something i can use to amuse my 18month old and 6 year old. It covers all the bases in a single portable device - altough i must admit i don't fancy using it as a phone - altough i could if i wanted to.

I was interested in the Nook Color but unfortunately it's not available this side of the pond.

It’s been many years since I’ve had an 18month old or a 6 year old for that matter, but it doesn’t prevent me from loving my 7" SGT as a reader. I have a PRS 505 and a JetBook, and my wife has a Kindle. But I’ve used nothing but my Tab for reading since I got it.

I was pretty much confined to my smart phone while out and about and my PC when at home (WhisperSync is WONDERFUL), but now I can use the Tab exclusively. My only issue is that the battery is not quite up to an all day read, but then those occasions I have the opportunity to devote a whole day to reading, I’m also near enough to electricity to just plug in.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote