View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
DISCLAIMER: I do not own the new PocketBook, so this is shooting tom the hip.

1. Copy Asian fonts to /system/fonts
2. Go to settings and set interface font to your chosen Chinese one.

BEWARE.
1. Check if said font can display English, so you do not end up with menus in squares
2. note steps needed to switch the font, so if you do end up with menus in squares you can go back ;-)
3. Backup all content you can (Dictionaries and other stuff), so if the steps 1 and 2 don't help, you can still do reset to factory defaults without loosing stuff ;-)
I did copy the fonts to the fonts folder but when I tried to set the interface, Chinese was not in the list to be selected. In fact, I copied a few font files (true type), including Japanese ones that PB provides. None showed up in the setting.

I also went to "settings" after opening a file and selected a Chinese font but the book contents are still squares. I changed the automatic encoding to one of Asian ones (tried them all) but there was still Chinese characters showing up in the book. :-(
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote