View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #55
jeffrx
jeffrx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle NT 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see how an ebook adds much for people with disabilities over and above what a large print paper book (available) or audio book (available) already provide.

Yes, it may not be a wise choice on her part to miss out on sales of ebook version that would not otherwise occur in other formats. That is her choice though. That and I don't think Lee need worry about her book not being read.

Perk up though yea who have been waiting for an ebook before reading this great book. Shortly before Ray Bradbury died he relented on that issue and many of his books are now available as ebooks. That and once Harper Lee dies whomever copyright is transferred to may allow ebooks to be sold.
I have a spinal cord injury that makes my upper body very weak. It is impossible for me to pick up a medium size hardcover book. Even lighter weight books are a problem for me because it is difficult to turn the pages. Audio books are OK as long as someone sets up all the equipment for me, but I try to be as independent as possible.

I also happen to know Mrs Lee quite well and while I can't speak for her, to say that she has little use for computers and digital technology is a vast understatement. This is her right as a human being and as an author. She is a remarkable woman.
jeffrx is offline   Reply With Quote