View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #49
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I thought that it was the Agent's
turning down such an offer, and the publisher mentioning it to the author,
that sparked the lawsuit.
Here is the most complete article on this I can find:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/05/06/57327.htm

I tried to find the complete text of the complaint, but have failed.

I can't find any direct evidence on what sparked the lawsuit, although it seems to be about money.

You can find a statement in my link, as in the Reuters article, about the eBook rights, and your interpretation is plausible. But, personally, I consider the lawsuit text as coming from the lawyers, not from the client. The plaintiff attorneys want to show that the damages are as high as possible, so they are going to mention the biggest source of forgone subsidiary rights income -- the eBook. This isn't the same as Ms. Lee making a statement that she would release an eBook if allowed. YMMV.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote