View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
This has happened before; big multinationals dumping a high-visibility subsidiary in the midst of a tech-driven disruption. Most recently, the big music studios. It used to be that every media conglomerate *had* to have an inhouse music studio. Nowadays? Hardly any of them does. Those companies are all about fast growth and big revenue, not propping up an at-risk business model.
Many people complain about the drive for maximum profit. But do they take the job offered at $50,000 over the one offered at $75,000? Would they open an account in a bank that gave 2% interest rather than one that gave 20%.

When a company becomes an investment rather than a family tradition or a labor of love...

I'd dump the music companies, if I owned any...unless they got me more hot chicks than the higher profits would.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote