View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #30
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
While I agree that the issue was overblown by those who have an emotional hatred for Apple, there is still enough of the new subscription requirement remaining to cause concern for the more reasonable folk.

I think that all bookstores should pull out of the iOS market and stand their ground. They can certainly frame the debate so that it is clear that Apple is the one who changed the rules mid-race.
Let's be clear on what I feel "I told you so". I was and remain confident that Apple is superb in getting support and content for their platform. No one else is close (well, maybe Amazon). This is what Apple does, it's part of their secret sauce that makes them Apple.

I don't agree with everything Apple does. I KNOW Apple p@sses a lot of people off, even it's partners. But I also know that Apple is smart and pragmatic. There is no way it would have been in Apple's best interest to kick Amazon and B&N off their platform. So, I am not claiming I knew HOW the situation would be resolved, but I was confident it would be.

We've actually had posters here claim they wanted to buy a non-Apple tablet BECAUSE they were sure that Apple was going to kick off Amazon and everyone else. That's ABSURD. Other platforms have their own merits, but NO OTHER PLATFORM has the support and the content that Apple has. No one else even comes close. No one else will any time soon.

Just look at iCloud. Amazon and Google could not get the music companies to do what Apple has. It's just one more example in a long long history of this very fact.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote