View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #21
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Sony 505, iPad 1 & 3, Galaxy Note 8.1
Today's news is great for somethings like videos, mags or such but I'm wondering how this really changes anything for ebooks. Sure now they can raise the price of the item bought in-app to be more than buying outside the app but for ebooks, if the agency sets the price and the bookseller can't sell it for any other price, then when someone buys a book and Apple takes their 30%, the bookseller still gets nothing. The app still has to support in-app buys and most people will use that as it will be easier than "copy this link to your browser and then buy your book and rerun your app". Seems like Apple still gets Amazon/BN/Kobo/etc. to sell books for them for free.

Guess I'll still have to wait until the end of June to see what happens. Of course in my case it doesn't matter, I can just keep my current apps and they'll still work the old way anyway. Just new users who won't be able to do so.
adv_dp_fan is offline   Reply With Quote