View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
I know. The B&N Nook has been trubbling Amazon for a while. When ever people are thinking "should I get a Nook or a Kindle?", they think of Nook's features such as its color touch screen and LendMe feature. They often don't know that it's a lame feature until they buy a Nook, and by that time, Amazon have lost another customer. Amazon added it for quick money, which is a little out of character as the usually use the stratagy where good customer service brings even more customers and makes dedicated owners (It works well, to - I've already convinced 7 people to get Kindles!).

I've never used a Nook, so I don't know how good or bad LendMe is. The thing I'm excited about is the prospect of hacks utiling this feature for other (and more useful) purposes.

Sadly, I can't seem to get this faulty hack off my Kindle so I don't know if update 3.1 (at least I think it'll come out in 3.1) will be able to install. Can an official OTA firmware update install correctly with the USB Network hack installed?
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote