Thread: Classic Is a rooted Nook for me?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #5
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
If you have access to several B&N and Best Buy stores, I'd recommend checking to see if any have the 1002* serial number wifi Nooks, because they are much easier to root, and IMHO, they will probably remain easier to root after the 1.5 firmware release. At the moment, I can't recommend an unrooted Nook for anyone with a sizable side-loaded library. I don't believe B&N customer support has any inside information yet about the 1.5 firmware, but the press release reads as though B&N will not support searching and cataloging side-loaded content.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote