View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
JEMelby
Save the Stone Tablet
JEMelby began at the beginning.

Device: Coleco ADAM (With high-speed digital tape drive!)
It's Decided: The Sony Reader, Almost

After months of lurking in various forums, scanning tech blogs, considering my requirements, and finally asking a few questions here, I have reached a consensus between 3 of my 7 perosnalities (2 obstaining, 1 for staying with paper, and 1 in favor of going back to clay and stylus). I have settled on the Sony Reader. As a consesion to one of the obstaining personalities, I have decided to hold out a bit longer in hopes that the Sony Reader will soon be available with the Vizplex®™ upgrade.

I decided on the Sony Reader mainly because of its availability. I understand that it can be purchased at several chain electronics stores such as Best Buy, and it can be ordered direct from Sony with some attractive incentives. I further assume that since it has achived early and widespread acceptance by this and other communities, that there is a wealth of "home-grown" support for the device.

Since this decision isn't final untill I hit the "order" button, or sign the receipt at the local electronics store, I might change one or more of my minds. If the Bookeen becomes individually available* before the Sony upgrades to Vizplex®™, or if the NUUT makes it to US shores, I may have a whole new internal debate to deal with

*despite the obvious merits of owning several such devices, 200 units is more than even someone of my myriad and assorted personifications could utilize.

For those slower thinkers in the audience, or those not blessed with a multi-threaded thought proccess, this post is a final plea for dissenting opinion. A final chance for all of you salient and erudite dilettantes to talk a sorid neophyte off the ledge before he (they) make the ultimate, and irrevocable plunge into e-book obsurity.

Last edited by JEMelby; 07-02-2007 at 09:06 PM.
JEMelby is offline   Reply With Quote