View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #68
edralzar
edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.edralzar for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'll have to look into this script, because I've been wanting to work on a similar use case for some time now

as to the instapaper question by Mrs_Often, I use a quite similar service called readability (readability.com) and they too provide a link to download a saved article in epub format.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get a script to download said epub, as the link actually generates the epub on the fly and a scripted fetch will go in a timeout...
You will probably hit the same wall if trying to fetch the epub on instapaper...

I have a setup that allows me to get Readability's articles as epubs on my kobo, but it is quite a pain to setup for now. And it needs java, which is not commonly available on low-cost hosting services (I've done an app that downloads formatted content from Readability and transforms it into epubs).

> dedicated web server, with the java readability-to-epub app + simple php page to list epubs created after a certain date
> a script on the kobo to query the php page for latest epubs and download them then simulate USB plugged-in plugged-out
> kobo plugin to have a menu entry that starts this sync script

not ideal nor user friendly as I said
edralzar is offline   Reply With Quote