View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #67
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
This is a tough question. DRM doesn't concern me much as a reader. If I bought a book and wanted to access it badly enough, I'd find a way, drm or no drm. My guess is that I have more to worry about if I somehow couldn't get books I had legitimately bought off Amazon's servers for some reason.

If I had already read a book, I don't see myself converting it to ePUB (assuming I lost my reader or it failed, etc.) If I had NOT read a book that I paid for...I'd most likely just read it on my PC. If I were traveling and had a Nook or other ePUB reader, I'd probably convert it.

I don't generally buy such huge amounts of books "ahead" of actually reading them that I'd stand to lose a lot of books at any given failure point.
Basically my feelings.

But you are an author as well. What are your thoughts on giving the licensee the abilty to read or reread any book purchased for the life of the licensee.
Seems reasonable to me.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote