View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #10
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
Vancouver

I'm in Vancouver as well.
BB on Cambie has the Sony 350 on sale for $179, and the 650 for $219, but it appeared to me the 650 was out of stock.
I ruled out the Kindle simply because I thought it was cheap looking and feeling. Amazon has a ton of titles available, but I really disliked the Kindle.
The page turning buttons felt like crap.....it just seemed so 'low tech'. My hands are too large for the keyboard and there is the problem of the letters wearing off the graphite keys. I guess that's why they can sell them so cheaply, and to me they feel like it.
I liked the basic Nook, but it's surprising how much difference a couple or three ounces makes. I just didn't want to mess around so much to access limited title selection. Still haven't got an answer from B&N on being able to buy on-line from them. I ruled the Nook out for that reason.
I'm now leaning toward a Sony, despite the $$$, and I understand they are the only one that is fully supported by Calibre.

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote