View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #14
sigrosenblum
sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Mobipocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Thanks for the reply Sig. Would you say that the 'junky' nature of the POD books you've come across are because of the actual process, or the lack of knowledge and skill on the content producers who submit their work for POD publishing?
I'd say both. And no doubt a book designer could do a better job with even the worst POD producer than a "mere" author with no specialized design knowledge or skill. If I ever must absolutely positively need to go POD, I would hire a top designer to run the job through. But so far I am living with digital only.

But then my sales goals are modest. And my promotional energy limited. If an author wants to go all out, then every format and every promotional tool is essential, I suppose. But just talking about this gets me exhausted!
sigrosenblum is offline   Reply With Quote