View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I despise DRM and formats also. I bought a book from a seller who charged me a foreign transaction fee because I'm US and they are AUS. I chose PDF for the download, since I am pretty talented at manipulating that format. Not that time!

Prob 1: I downloaded it to my work PC. Turned out it could only be on one single device.

Prob 2: It had an expiration date. As it was on my work computer, I could only read it during slow times. The 3 month time limit passed before I finished it.

So I paid full price + fee for a book that I could not carry with me, and which disappeared leaving only an icon to show it ever existed.

I will be so freakin' glad when a single non-DRM format rises to the top of the mobile reading device pile.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote