View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #18
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

don't panic
first of all please disconnect all the cables from M92.
Press reset
Try to power on the device and watch the LED. Does it blink three times blue - your battery is completely discharged and need to be charged. Try to charge it on your PC instead of wall charger - it could be defective.
If you have a replacement battery - just try to substitute the old one. If you open your device carefully it does not affect your warranty. Just avoid to not touch the PCB.

Does the blue led light for 5-10 second and the screen keep display frozen picture - your M92 must be send to service. It has most likely a problem with the screen. If the screen is not broken it is a warranty case and could be repaired fast.
Hi Booxtor!

Here's my preliminary report (I did this pretty fast this morning before leaving for work):

1) M92 disconnected from cables. Pressed Reset. Pressed Power at same time and watched LED - no light appeared: no orange, no blue. Same frozen screen.

2) M92 connected to computer. Pressed Reset and Power - LED went orange when I attached the cable to the computer but with buttons pressed saw small blue light behind the orange blink 3 - 5 times. Screen frozen.

Note: I made the assumption that I should be pressing Reset and Power at the same time since that's what I've read in other threads, but maybe that wasn't the right thing to do.

Screen was frozen throughout. I have left the unit connected to my computer for the day. Maybe the E-Reader Gods and Goddesses will be kind to me.

I don't have a backup battery. Not sure whether getting a backup battery or sending the unit in for repair (screen is not broken) is best ... would disconnecting and then reconnecting the current battery be likely to do anything?

Thanks,

/GB
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote