View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Error with QDoubleSpinBox

Most likely this is user error as I am presently screwing around with a sample database, trying to establish a viable database, layout, etc.

Anyway, I created a custom column and marked it as a series and subgrouped. Apparently this presented calibre with a problem. Trying to edit metadata, I got the following:

IN THE BOOK LIST
calibre, version 0.9.14
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QDoubleSpinBox.setValue(float): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 208, in edit_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 228, in do_edit_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 1008, in edit_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 501, in start
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 538, in do_one
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 288, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\custom_column_widgets.py", line 389, in initialize
TypeError: QDoubleSpinBox.setValue(float): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

The error above would not allow me to enter the Edit Metadata screen for the problem book.

EDIT METADATA (SINGLE) FOR ANOTHER BOOK & PREV/NEXT TO TARGET BOOK
calibre, version 0.9.14
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QDoubleSpinBox.setValue(float): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 514, in prev_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 538, in do_one
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 288, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\custom_column_widgets.py", line 389, in initialize
TypeError: QDoubleSpinBox.setValue(float): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

The error above would allow me to get into the Edit Metadata screen for the problem book.

Once I altered the data in that custom field to remove the subgroup (ex: GROUP.SUBGROUP changed to GROUP) and saved it, calibre stopped throwing the error message for that book. Checking several books without a subgrouping in that custom column were fine. I could edit metadata without incident.

I noticed this error starting in 9.11 (I think) but I updated to the current version in case this was a known and corrected problem. On WinXP Pro SP3.

I know this should probably be in the bug tracker, but I'm not exactly sure what to call this. Assuming it's a bug and not user error.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 01-12-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote