View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #17
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
I too would prefer a windows based slate/tablet over the other OS's. I am glad to hear MS at least talking like they think it's an important market. But I, like other people here, realize that it is not entirely up to MS. They don't do hardware (except for minimal accessories like mice, keyboards, etc. and the xbox), they do software. It's up to Asus, HP, Fujitsu, Dell, Sony, MSI, et al, to come up with and ship a hardware product. It's those companies that decided, a few years ago, that slates/tablets had no future. It's those companies that have misread the market. It's those companies that have to play catch up.
Weren't there photos of a Courier tablet prototype before MS pulled the plug? I would expect other hardware makers to put out tablets with an MS operating system, but maybe MS will put out its own, too.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote