View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #36
bstriddy
bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage
A new bookmarklet for deleting content items

I'd let several hundred en2kindle deliveries fill up my archive, and the Amazon Drive fix doesn't work anymore. It seems that the situation is better than it was before, but still difficult as Amazon limits one to a max of 10 items per bulk action.

To facilitate my task and satisfy my compulsion to automate all the things, I created this bookmarklet.

Please use with caution!

Bookmarklet code:
Code:
javascript:void((function(){var okBtn=document.getElementById("dialogButton_ok_myx"); var checks=document.getElementsByClassName('hideItem_myx'); if(okBtn){ okBtn.click() }; for(var i=0; i<10; i++){ checks[i].click(); }; document.getElementById("contentAction_delete_myx").click(); document.getElementById("dialogButton_ok_myx").click();})());
Usage:
1. You must be in the "Manage Your Content and Devices" page, in the "Content" tab
2. Select Docs (or whichever content type you're clearing) in the "Show" dropdown.
3. Optional, but recommended: if you narrow the listing with a search term, e.g. the author name ('En2kindle') or a portion of the title ('crofflr') that limits listings to those you're targeting, it is much easier safer to burn through them all.
4. Click the bookmarklet. It will select the top 10 items, click Delete, and confirm the delete command all at once. No review will be possible!
5. After the deletion is complete, a confirmation dialog appears. You may:-
a) Click OK yourself and be back to the now-reduced listing
OR
b) Click the bookmarklet again. This will both dismiss the confirmation and immediately delete the next 10 items. This way, one can click the bookmarklet after each batch to immediately delete 10 more.

Advanced:
If you really want to burn through a stack, get two tabs open and sort one date ascending and the other date descending and alternate back & forth, running the bookmarklet on each one, working your way to the middle.

If you want to preserve the review and confirmation step, but save yourself the headache of clicking 10 checkboxes, this version will not automatically OK the delete batch:
Code:
javascript:void((function(){var okBtn=document.getElementById("dialogButton_ok_myx"); var checks=document.getElementsByClassName('hideItem_myx'); if(okBtn){ okBtn.click() }; for(var i=0; i<10; i++){ checks[i].click(); }; document.getElementById("contentAction_delete_myx").click();})());
bstriddy is offline   Reply With Quote