View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
I think your answers lie in PIPEDA and the terms you agree to in the EULA - and I am not going to check through both to get a definative answer as anything I really don;t want anyone to know I am reading I won't hold in electronic form. Not that I am reading anything subversive. That I will admit to...

Reagardless, according to PIPEDA, a commercial organization can't track any information about you, unless it is required for the transaction to take place (so, you can't really buy a book without disclosing what book you want, and since the publisher will want to be paid, Kobo will need to keep auditable records of the transaction) and you must give your consent for information to be collected otherwise (so you need to read the EULA to see if you consented to side-loaded books being tracked). The penalties are sufficient that companies in Canada take PIPEDA seriously.
Thank you. This is very useful. I look forward to your research, but this may be enough to get me started.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote