View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #93
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
My wife and I both love the looks and price of the 32GB HD+ and we're both drooling over them, I think we're going to pass this time around though. We just got into e-readers when we got each other Kindle 3s for Christmas 2010. Christmas 2011 she gave me a 16 GB Nook Tablet. She liked it so much that we picked one up for her a couple of months later. Now here we are again, right around Christmas time, with new electronic toys to drool over. Our NTs are still in great shape and, other than a few simple games, we really use them more as readers than tablets and we're concerned the 9" screen might be a little large for reading. Also, most of the multimedia features are wasted on us. We can't get real, wired high-speed Internet where we live and have Hughesnet, unfortunately. We don't do a lot of videos and you can forget Hulu and Netflix.

Hopefully, we'll be in a part of town where we can get broadband by next Christmas, right in time to look at the fourth generation Nook HD+ Plus. It would probably be better to skip a generation anyway. Heck, we can't have them all!

Like many others, we would definitely want to wait until we see if they could be rooted or not. I definitely wouldn't buy a B&N device that is crippled by being shackled only to their online store. I'm sure someone will figure out a way to root them all eventually though.

Good luck to those that purchase these. I'm sure you'll love them and I know of at least two individuals that will be very envious.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote