matteos72
Enthusiast
matteos72 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question SOny PRST1 versus Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
No, it is not better.

It is roughly comparable: Better for some uses, not quite as good at others.
Ditto for Nook, Kobo, Pocketbook, and Bookeen.

You need to decide for youself what you want to use the reader for, what you *need* it to do for you and *how* you want to do those things. Reviews and user experiences can be useful but not final.
That is strictly up to you.

Today I use Sony PRST1 with the KINDLE SW application and I noticed the following issues
1) you cannot see the "highlights" on your screen if you use the WHITE background color.
2) you cannot turn page left right with the left right button because they are mapped in different position (I workarounded remapping the Volume buttons, but in this case this impact all other applications using the Volume buttons)

3) CUrrent version of Sony, if Routed, leave terrible low space for Android MArket download. For instance I could not able to download the last 9 Megabuytes Kindle SW appli. I used light one for mobile phone (with the drawbacks told before). Waiting new Kindle Routing allowing more space for applets-.

If you use the built in reader of Sony it is quite good and I would say comparable with the specific language (I say: you have English-French, French - Italian... in the KIndle Application you have the possibility to have more vocabulary included only one language)

Some improvement to do in my opinion.
matteos72 is offline   Reply With Quote