View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Will Amazon lock out rival tablet makers such as Samsung from its app store? (I expect so.)
I like the article but that's one line I don't get. You expect so? Really?

On Amazon's AppStore page there is an offer: "Buy Toshiba's Thrive Tablet, Get a $25 Credit for the Amazon Appstore." Oh boy they are sure getting off to a bad start with this whole locking-out business.

I have an HTC Evo as a registered device on my Amazon account, along with more than 30 downloaded apps, some of them costing money.

Maybe the'll do the lockout once they release their own device. I'm sure that will go over well for the people Amazon encouraged to download the Amazon Appstore App, and have an account full of digital purchases.

I seriously doubt it.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote