View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #58
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I just finished Huff's first Valor book (Valor's Choice). This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for! Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed it!

If you're not averse to licensed tie-in fiction, Diane Duane's written a very good Star Trek novel with a fairly similar flavour (strong-willed, highly competent, and inventive female commander on semi-diplomatic/military fight-then-team-up mission).

My Enemy, My Ally, is one of the "classic" Trek stories and is an excellent read. You can get it cheap in an omnibus edition with two other books (originally published as three; one got split up into two parts) featuring the same character in Rihannsu: The Bloodwing Voyages. E-book edition's got a couple of typos, but nothing really wrong with it, and is a pretty good deal at the price.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote