View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #99
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I really did want to love my pocket pro but it was faulty for me.... maybe I just have bad luck. I just feel that when I spend 250.00 the item should work properly.
I'm sorry that your Pocket Pro didn't work for you, if there is still any way we could tune or fix your device, email support@astak.com and I will give them a 'nudge' to address your problem right away.

I own two readers, I might have mentioned before, a Kindle 2 and an EZ Read Pocket Pro. For me, the PPro is my daily reader. I believe that the device actually has more to do with book choice than any tech advantage, and I'll lay out my pros and cons for both (side note: this is my personal opinion, not Astak's)

Pros About Kindle: The Kindle is well-supported, sleek looking, easy to use, and has wi-fi. I never purchased a cover for it, but I keep it in a felt-pouch. The store is easy to navigate and book prices are low. The keyboard is useful for notes and the dictionary is a major plus.

Cons About Kindle: The Kindle book store is the reason I no longer use a Kindle. I am not a 'beach-book' buyer, I actually read a number of strange authors, rare editions, hard-to-find indie work, and other such pretentious reading. The Kindle store has only a quarter of what I read, most of which are free classics I can get elsewhere. Because of their proprietary format, it's like having an iPod and ONLY being able to buy major label crapola from the iPod store.

Pros about PPro: Because my PPro supports virtually every format except for Kindle and B&N's, I can get my books from any source. I can download ePub books from friends, indies all over the place, pretty much anything. I use my PPro exclusively because my choices as a book buyer are so large. There hasn't been a book I couldn't download, save cookbooks or a kid's book like "Are You My Mother?"

Cons about PPro: I have my PPro in pink, which makes it more personalized, but it isn't as sleek as the Kindle. And the paint IS misbehaving. The number button selection is a little funky, and I had to get used to updating FW and Adobe.

But when it comes down to it, the PPro is a hearty, no-nonsense device that doesn't restrict me to the latest Dan Brown. It's more tool than accessory.

...Rant done.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote