View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #98
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Well, I went the kindle dx which is currently selling at 379.00, and I bought a nice cover for it for about 17.00 with tax and shipping. The library books are a huge draw back for me as well. I love having the huge screen but it is rather heavy, about to equal to holding a hardback book. As far as the key board clutter goes I find a ton more user friendly for notes and searching thank it was to try to use astak's odd navigation with the ten number keys to tpye. So that hasn't really been an issue for me. I would like to be able to highlight in PDF format though. The new pearl screens are really nice, but in all fairness I went form using an 8 gray scale to 16 so that may make a difference as well. The PDF on the DX is a ton better than the pocket pro, but again the screen size is main help there. Use PDF on the readers because I scan my kids spelling word lists, and books to teach reading so that when we are waiting for Isaac's turn to see the doctors we can work on some of those skills. The DX does annoy me since there are no turn page buttons on the keyboard so when reading it vertically I either have to reach on top of the book, or to the bottom of where it sits. It also reads music sheet wonderfully, but again this is due to the extra 6 inches on screen. I really did want to love my pocket pro but it was faulty for me.... maybe I just have bad luck. I just feel that when I spend 250.00 the item should work properly.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote