View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I got an iPod Touch for my birthday (in July), and I do love it quite to bits. As much as I think the Loved One's new iPhone that work bought him is nifty, in the end my current mobile phone sits on the bedside for weeks at a time. I take my iPod with me everywhere to write notes, keep checklists, measurements, muck around with while on "downtime" (Stanza is my reading application), write little snippets of inspiration or haiku/senryu or cinquain, or just play. Sometimes I even listen to some of all the music I have on it!

Applications I have downloaded (all free thus far) are:
  • WeDict - a dictionary
  • Stanza - my book reading application
  • iDoodle2lite - a very modest "drawing" application
  • UniCon - a measurement convertor (many different measurements)
  • Flashlight - just a white screen (with some colourful strobe options - silly really )
  • Remote - lets me use my iPod as a remote for iTunes on my computer (quite nifty)
  • freebird - a cigarette lighter flame, for big-hair rock concerts (silly, yes? )
  • iPint - a glass of beer you can "drink"
  • a few free games

The Apps store has a lot of crap in it (see above ), but there's probably something you'll find useful, aside from any book-reading application. I like using it as my calendar and contacts and eventually I try put all of my favourite photos on it in reduced size (hmm, many housands to go through - it could take some time) for show-and-tell.

I was surprised at how much I like it. At home, connecting it my wifi network, I have some internet bookmarks loaded as icons (eg. weather, tv guide), and can just hit them if I want to look at something quickly, rather than drag the laptop over. It's good as well when connected to a wifi network that, when you suddenly remember that song you've always wanted, you can just connect to the iTunes store and download it straight to the iPod.

Anyway, since you're enthused about it, as you can see you have re-enthused me...and now I'm going to buy a couple more songs for it.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 08-17-2008 at 04:51 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote