View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeserattePD View Post
Hi there,

I've been lugging around a big voltage adaptor (about 700g) to plug my american ebook charger into for the last three years because I didn't know there were UK chargers with the right plugs.

So did you buy this charger? Are the plugs correct for the ebookwise? How heavy is it (Amazon says packaged weight 300 g, but how much is the charger on it's own)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread detailing which chargers are right for which part of the world? With relevant links... and maybe we should send the info to kascarlett so she can include it whenever she sells an ebookwise outside of America.
i have one just like it but with a french plug. it is about the same size and weight of the original eb1150 charger, but a bit lighter and smaller. definitely quite portable. there are a variety of tips to chose from, and one of them fits the eb1150 perfectly. it has also come in handy for other things which i did not anticipate, including when the power supply of my modem died unexpectedly, and luckily i could use this one (with a different tip) until my ISP could send a new one .

you just have to pay attention, to which way you attach the tip : if you look closely, "TIP" is written on one side of the end of the cord : this corresponds to the center polarity. the tip itself has a + on one side and a - on the other. so for center positive, put the + of the tip on the same side as the word "tip" of the end of the wire.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote