View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfm View Post
There is a difference, though, I think, between a library book and one you own. If you have a physical book that you have purchased and want to copy and ocr whatever amount for your own non-commercial study, then there is, IMHO, no moral restriction upon that,
There might not be a moral restriction, but they still don't want you making copies of copyrighted material. I picked up one of the few physical books I still own off a shelf, and opened it to the copyright page. This is what it says:

Quote:
No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote