Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #14324
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
20,000 leagues

1. 39 - The 39 Steps by John Buchan
2. 2 - A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
3. 451 - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
4. 3 - The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
5. 101 - 101 Dalmatians by ?
6. 13 and three-quarters - The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, aged 13 and three-quarters by Sue Townsend
7. 20,000 - 20,000 Leages Under the Sea by Jules Verne
8. ?
9. 3 - Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
10. ?
All correct. 23 points to orlok, and orlok wins the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
All right, Orlok's won anyway (bad time I picked for having an ice-cream), but here's my guess for #8:

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie?
Yes! A very honorable three points to doubleshuffle.

Dodie Smith is the author of 101 Dalmations.

There's one vital word hinted at in question 10 which you need to guess. I suspect that no-one here will have any trouble with the number once they guess the word.

I'll leave Q.10 for anyone to guess for fun, but over to orlok for the next quiz.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote