View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #45
michailbachtin
Enthusiast
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Annotations is one reason why I was hesitant to switch to calibre. However, I decided the other benefits out-weighed it. Here is what I plan to do. I am going to manage my library with calibre. The Sony software has a feature that allows you to transfer books from the T1 to Reader for Mac/PC. You select the book and then click on the button called "Copy to My Library". I just tried it, and my notes were copied along with the book. So at least I can still export notes through the Sony software as needed.

You may not be aware that the Sony software has a limitation on the number of characters per highlight that can be exported to the RTF file. It is best to highlight in small consecutive segments. The maximum is 100 characters per each highlight in a DRM'ed book. It is ~200 characters for a non-DRM'ed book. The limit on the non-DRM'ed book is really small. In the old Sony software it was 2000 characters!
You state that in the old Sony Software the limit was 2000 characters and not the measly 200. Which "old" Sony software are you talking about? I would love to use that.

These ereaders are only as good as the functions they perform. And Sony's limit of 200 characters for non-DRM-content is one good reason to give up on Sony. I wonder sometimes who they think they are.

Anyway: the Pocketbook Touch and Touch 2 (or Touch Lux) is the better product, the latter with a backlit screen and simple highlighting features. The data is stored in an HTML file on the reader. One file for each book or document. It's that simple.
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote