View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
William F
Pirosopher
William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kindle, pc
Welcome new guy.
I'm no expert on these things but I don't think that such a template exists. Fortunately for the kindle you don't really need to mess around with HTML. Get the Smashwords style guide, format your .doc following the guidlines and when you upload it to Amazon you should get a pretty good result after the conversion.
Alternatively you can get the Mobipocket Creator and it will take your .doc, turn it into an HTML document and allow you to edit it that way.
Unfortunately there is no simple plug and play "here's my words, make them a book," program but adding internal links for your .toc and inserting your cover art is easy and well explained in the style guide I alluded to earlier.
Unless of course I'm wrong, it's been a while since I published anything and someone may have streamlined things since then.
Either way, good luck to you!
William F is offline   Reply With Quote