View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #15
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I admit I have a hard time comparing "styles" of writing. I have an entirely separate calibre library called "Smashwords Freebies", and from time to time I open them and then instantly delete the ones I know I am never actually going to get to.

There are things I do and don't like about smashwords. The idea that you don't have to have your book "approved" by any head honchos before you can get it out there is a good thing, but it also can mean that I see these 500 word "books" where the description is almost as long as the book. I tend to filter for the 20K words and up.

I do like the fact that an indie author can charge a reasonable price for their books because they don't have a massive staff to pay and provide medical benefits for.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote