View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:14 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Suggestion for Calibre

Kovid, I used Calibre for the first time today to send books to my Reader. (Since I generally put books on a SD card, I don't seem to keep the pre-pagination benefit, so I couldn't think of any other reason NOT to use Calibre).

I noticed that - unlike Sony's eBook Library - the icon the Reader displays while the books are transferring doesn't change. When you first connect, it shows the USB plug. Using Sony's software, when you're transferring data, it changes the picture to the USB plug inside a circle with a slash through it (to warn you not to disconnect).

I had the Reader plugged into my computer with a fairly short USB cable, so I noticed that the "charging" light blinked yellow as data was transferring. I didn't realize it did that - I normally have the Reader facing me, with the top facing away from me. So that is a way to know not to disconnect.

But if it's possible (and simple) to change the icon being displayed, too, it would be a helpful reminder not to disconnect until Calibre is doing.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote