View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #35659
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
mmmmm recipe!
Hmm, I'm not very good at making actual recipes... I tend to improvise a lot... but I'll give it a go...
  • 2 medium to large Russet Potatoes, cleaned but NOT peeled.
  • A tablespoon or so of Oil or Melted Butter.
  • Garlic (I perfer to use fresh and mince it very finely, though powdered could probably work well enough)
  • Ground Cayenne Pepper
  • Black Pepper (preferably fresh ground)
  • Salt

Preheat oven to 450°F.

Slice potatoes into 8 roughly equal sized wedges. For larger potatoes you can cut these into half wedges so that it results in a total of 16 pieces.

Place potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle oil/melted butter on top. Toss until evenly coated. (work fast if you're using butter, as it will clump up as it cools down to room tempeture)

Mix (to taste) cayenne, garlic, and black pepper in a smaller bowl, then dip coated potato wedges into mix before placing them flat on a baking sheet. (you could also just toss the spices with the potato wedges, though I find it's hard to get an even coating)

Place into the oven for at least 30 minutes... basically until they are crisp and golden on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside... flipping them around half to two-thirds of the way through.

Quickly place wedges in large [clean] bowl and sprinkle salt (to taste), again tossing until evenly coated.

Serve with ranch dressing and [optionally] bacon bits.

Last edited by Dylrob; 02-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote