View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #629
gstew
gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: HTC HD2 & One X
That's interesting..

Backstory... I opted in day 1, got a few books transferred then with the bulk coming a few weeks later in the process after a few calls & Cust Support tickets. But just before F-wise shut down for commerce, I purchased most of the items on my wish list which didn't appear to be available from B&N, some 40 or so books and stories. These have been AWOL in my B&N bookshelf since then, even after quite a few more calls & tickets.

I checked today about a week after my last call to CS & I am AMAZED, THEY ARE THERE in my B&N bookshelf!

That lines up with my impression that the last time I called CS, they seemed to be more knowledgable about the process and provided more complete, believable, and realistic answers.

While I had already re-backed-up my F-Wise & EReader items... and with the help of those posting details in this thread, liberated them, it's nice to have them all in one bookshelf with an ok reader for access.

That doesn't excuse that the process has been a slow-motion, self-inflicted trainwreck since the beginning. And with the post-Christmas news about B&N's disappointing sales, I plan to DL, liberate, & archive the rest of my items that I'd purchased directly through B&N.

I am still amazed at how inept this process has been. I guess that my experiences with B&N's website (try searching for Science Fiction writers Robert Reed or John Barnes to see what I mean) and Fictionwise after their purchase (I fought with them to get an Android version of EReader that'd decrypt their DRM on my Android 4.0.4 phone... and they never came through) should have prepared me.

And what makes me so sad is that they could have made us old F-Wise & Ereader customers raving fans if they had just done this transfer well! Or even just provided good information and support after their initial epic fail!!!

But it does say something to me that they did what they said, at least for me. And will say more if everyone here has gotten their F-Wise & Ereader bookshelves transferred over before they shut down this process.

Thanks all here for all the news and support.

And everyone who hasn't gotten their books yet, my advice is just keep on calling CS & submitting tickets.

Greg in Mississippi

Last edited by gstew; 02-08-2013 at 11:02 PM.
gstew is offline   Reply With Quote